Wednesday 11 May 2011

One more transformation....


Following on from my April blog showing the print of the 40 data matrix codes which represent the whole of MLK's speech I thought that it may be interesting to try to create a non-digital installation piece that, as with the original speech, could be placed in a public environment. 

I used black and white mosaic tiles which I arranged in the sequence of a code. I am pleased to say that like the digital image the code can still be read with the mobile phone application and takes you directly to this blog.



I considered public places where I could display my installation piece which were relevant to its content and where people would possibly interact with it. I spent time travelling around  different sites in London  and below are photograps of the places I visited and members of the public interacting with my work.




Students at the LCC Interacting with the work
 
The Offices of the British Institute of Human Rights London

Amnesty Internationl - The Home of Human Rights - London

Reflection of my data matrix tile in the Amnesty International welcome poster

Inside the Offices of Amnesty International

Floor plaque at Amnesty International

Speakers Corner at Hyde Park London


Speakers Corner at Hyde Park London

3 comments:

  1. It is a great idea to make a non digital code that links directly to this blog and still works when scanned! I like the places that you have placed the tile in especially Amnesty International and the British Institute of Human Rights, they are relevant settings but not obvious choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just come across your blog. I am a design student too but only in my first year of my degree so I found it really interesting. I like what you have done and the way that you transformed this work it's really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your blog and really like this latest post. It's great to see people actually putting their ideas and work out in a public space to share with others.The locations that you went to are all very much connected with your message and add yet another dimension to the work.

    ReplyDelete